Subject: bug#53904: Using an http proxy, derivation failed

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2022 20:35:55 +0100

Hi,

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

>> guix pull: error: failed to connect to `/var/guix/daemon-socket/socket': Connection refused
>
> This suggests that guix-daemon is not running.  Could it be that it
> failed to start?  Does ‘journalctl -u guix-daemon.service’ contain any
> clue?
>
> BTW, according to the output you pasted earlier (in particular the noisy
> locale warnings), it seems that your daemon needs an update.  Check out
> <https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/html_node/Upgrading-Guix.html>.

Yes It needs an update but it can't. That's the issue ;)

Sorry, I think my CC error has lead to some confusion.

My last mail stated I started from scratch (new virtual machine, new
guix installation) :
- with the https_proxy defined inside the systems service file.
- with the daemon running
So please, ignore the first errors.

In this case the error seems clearly that :
$ guix pull
use git, and _guix does not pass to git the https_proxy_.

Fortunately I can update by passing the https_proxy on the command:
$ https_proxy=https://127.0.0.1:8082 guix pull

To make it clear, both the variable in the systemd service file and on
the command line are necessary to successfully run guix pull.

But as you stated it shouldn't, it still looks like a bug.