Subject: Re: aarch64: failed to compute the derivation for Guix

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 00:56:20 +0100

Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> writes:

> I’m trying but failing to update Guix on the honeycomb machines.  I just
> got this error:
[…]
>
> ./guix/store.scm:1421:15: ERROR:
>   1. &store-protocol-error:
>       message: "build of `/gnu/store/8b6ry6k346yidsvwvhfwyw5ghfn1y8gy-git-minimal-2.34.0.drv' failed"
>       status: 100
> guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program '/gnu/store/l7rhvfaziri0znvs3jc6khrkxaq9shna-compute-guix-derivation'
> failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version: "515406f20f0f2a69f8701ce3ece8121dbc4fb5dd"; system: "aarch64-linux";
> host version: "1.3.0-12.9bbbac6"; pull-version: 1).
> Please report the COMPLETE output above by email to <[email-masked]>.

The output here got mixed with other output from the serial console, so
I tried again over SSH and got this cleaner error:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%                                                                                                                     
\ 'check' phaseBacktrace:                                                                                                                                                                     
          13 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/gahvhrs45zjyk5hmnwqbs4c65rvjbn15-compute-guix-derivation")                                                                                           
In ice-9/eval.scm:                                                                                                                                                                            
    155:9 12 (_ _)                                                                                                                                                                            
    159:9 11 (_ #(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#<directory (guile-u?> ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?))                                                                       
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:                                                                                                                                                                          
    152:2 10 (with-fluid* _ _ _)                                                                                                                                                              
    152:2  9 (with-fluid* _ _ _)                                                                                                                                                              
In ./guix/store.scm:                                                                                                                                                                          
  2129:24  8 (run-with-store #<store-connection 256.99 ffffae7880f0> _ #:guile-for-build _ #:system _ #:target _)                                                                             
   1966:8  7 (_ _)                                                                                                                                                                            
In ./guix/gexp.scm:                                                                                                                                                                           
   296:22  6 (_ _)                                                                                                                                                                            
   1180:2  5 (_ _)                                                                                                                                                                            
   1046:2  4 (_ _)                                                                                                                                                                            
    892:4  3 (_ _)                                                                                                                                                                            
In ./guix/store.scm:                                                                                                                                                                          
  2014:12  2 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 ffffae7880f0>)                                                                                                                                      
   1406:5  1 (map/accumulate-builds #<store-connection 256.99 ffffae7880f0> #<procedure ffffad6add20 at ./guix/stor?> ?)                                                                      
  1421:15  0 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 ffffae7880f0> _ _)                                                                                                                                  
                                                                                                                                                                                              
./guix/store.scm:1421:15: ERROR:                                                                                                                                                              
  1. &store-protocol-error:                                                                                                                                                                   
      message: "build of `/gnu/store/8b6ry6k346yidsvwvhfwyw5ghfn1y8gy-git-minimal-2.34.0.drv' failed"                                                                                         
      status: 100                                                                                                                                                                             
guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program '/gnu/store/gahvhrs45zjyk5hmnwqbs4c65rvjbn15-compute-guix-derivation'                                                                          
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version: "32ccbc3a1ebf62d90f618ababb206df57f7e767b"; system: "aarch64-linux";                                                                      
host version: "1.3.0-12.9bbbac6"; pull-version: 1).                                                                                                                                           
Please report the COMPLETE output above by email to <[email-masked]>.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

/gnu/store/8b6ry6k346yidsvwvhfwyw5ghfn1y8gy-git-minimal-2.34.0.drv needs a lot of other derivations to
be built:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
root@grunewald ~# guix build --dry-run /gnu/store/8b6ry6k346yidsvwvhfwyw5ghfn1y8gy-git-minimal-2.34.0.drv                                                                                     
The following derivations would be built:                                                                                                                                                     
   /gnu/store/8b6ry6k346yidsvwvhfwyw5ghfn1y8gy-git-minimal-2.34.0.drv                                                                                                                         
   /gnu/store/0dr90b9kq6qyf4a94sf40bwrb75i1xrs-perl-5.34.0.drv                                                                                                                                
   /gnu/store/2j5348zpz32qmb7x4v5ipg26d269hgxf-coreutils-8.32.drv                                                                                                                             
   /gnu/store/32bmvbyzw6pfxc42j7bcz8iags9bb1yy-sed-4.8.drv                                                                                                                                    
   /gnu/store/41rhrh5h51qxw3qf106bcv7yvxxcsbz6-file-5.39.drv                                                                                                                                  
   /gnu/store/a81rf3v5mjagwgpkakrzz4gvb5f4fbry-xz-5.2.5.drv                                                                                                                                   
   /gnu/store/abmsq0fpw0f1y7m2wyw2v9pcvwknc2b2-coreutils-minimal-8.32.drv                                                                                                                     
   /gnu/store/c8pbra201pa1dz1m5jxy3qx1gd5y087s-findutils-4.8.0.drv                                                                                                                            
   /gnu/store/fggc0x644dl1prx9ayikwhjkf8kf5qid-coreutils-8.32.tar.xz.drv                                                                                                                      
   /gnu/store/ldfqac2lx7258h0pb97qg92v3c5plmw2-patch-2.7.6.drv                                                                                                                                
   /gnu/store/q81hnqdf9kf8wa6m1rmhlxpzvr99aq84-ed-1.17.drv                                                                                                                                    
   /gnu/store/a9nakmfk9pvalff18ngxplnwh9bnxhk0-lzip-1.22.drv                                                                                                                                  
   /gnu/store/ps7gad8q7mwijbawnwz8bc2sh02v87qg-tar-1.34.drv                                                                                                                                   
   /gnu/store/hnrhaqsi9ghp783qskl51bl7hr7szw71-diffutils-3.8.drv                                                                                                                              
   /gnu/store/7qy5hamrx0jq43314gk9dqvn63pscp26-perl-5.34.0.drv                                                                                                                                
   /gnu/store/zakwql6wdm7rvq0grdfl3qa6b60s9px1-coreutils-minimal-8.32.drv                                                                                                                     
   /gnu/store/lv9x8wrmix4yllrw1ik3z0kza9ng1db7-bzip2-1.0.8.drv                                                                                                                                
   /gnu/store/m83xw2nwvf414hy0aiibmk71ivmqffrg-gawk-5.1.0.drv                                                                                                                                 
   /gnu/store/n07hrmcbac4yi0d6c13rrnr8fxzsiqhi-libsigsegv-2.13.drv                                                                                                                            
   /gnu/store/ygysqpmhkqwy6hz4djh1rl5fncl06ph1-gzip-1.10.drv                                                                                                                                  
   /gnu/store/rg5c8h3vqb4vg315p0cg7gghicw1sdb5-perl-5.34.0.tar.xz.drv                                                                                                                         
   /gnu/store/5yhq9hm0rgwy2h71r9bl6vj8g2wjyxzj-expat-2.4.1.drv                                                                                                                                
   /gnu/store/97945bv7vn9acrli0z0q9agvq9bfknyz-curl-7.79.1.drv                                                                                                                                
   /gnu/store/0lyrp5c3iasgikva6852np00aiypcblv-gnutls-3.7.2.drv                                                                                                                               
   /gnu/store/28n61jvaa9vb3wpx8s2gjnwqvzcc9vix-libtasn1-4.17.0.drv                                                                                                                            
   /gnu/store/2d55jin9nf7pwq9b3zgrcyr7b7q6yavq-pkg-config-0.29.2.drv                                                                                                                          
   /gnu/store/4kvbhibhncpgcshw169vrplfdlp1q9gr-net-tools-1.60-0.479bb4a.drv                                                                                                                   
   /gnu/store/k07kywypc6sl5lxdhwi0vaymr2iv07gn-unzip-6.0.drv                                                                                                                                  
   /gnu/store/18iywpzxf9pl3xbi953f28mh2fdqshvv-unzip60.tar.xz.drv                                                                                                                             
   /gnu/store/1c40z803h32kd56s09zd2n7pmw3cc8l4-bzip2-1.0.8.drv                                                                                                                                
   /gnu/store/l7lja3ifq1jw95ssiw30lxrgizsh1klf-gettext-minimal-0.21.drv                                                                                                                       
   /gnu/store/5g9xvr04bih7jmdqbvj8sb4gy9wsj3ww-ncurses-6.2.20210619.drv                                                                                                                       
   /gnu/store/f30y9jaanj2lq2bw4xxzdbh8j2km3pnq-zlib-1.2.11.drv                                                                                                                                
   /gnu/store/fv82sf850gvpywaciy7w1mnl1l4kkg7m-libunistring-0.9.10.drv                                                                                                                        
   /gnu/store/hx0qcfsxbsxkp022sk2xffkv1nxgcvw0-libxml2-2.9.12.drv                                                                                                                             
   /gnu/store/15dkm0qkyn9v6hdc428dnyas54cjpd4v-xz-5.2.5.drv                                                                                                                                   
   /gnu/store/pjfj8a873412544i2bdx2b21dzb1y72r-libxml2-2.9.12.tar.xz.drv                                                                                                                      
   /gnu/store/6453w747afrg8d408rzvml6pgzw37dbm-p11-kit-0.23.22.drv                                                                                                                            
   /gnu/store/s53azbvc2yavhz11pldxha8l8xvc2vwr-libffi-3.3.drv                                                                                                                                 
   /gnu/store/7zwpkfnxjfyhiv418mmxqpsjvbiqb470-libffi-3.3.tar.xz.drv                                                                                                                          
   /gnu/store/880qi6pblx1lxc7bbshvr15rm744z61c-datefudge-1.23.drv                                                                                                                             
   /gnu/store/wp1x7fw8pxr2bfbm60b36rsvz1f811ia-datefudge_1.23.tar.xz.drv                                                                                                                      
   /gnu/store/9jv7g2dbnpylg092lp4frflgb6m5gz4n-nettle-3.7.3.drv                                                                                                                               
   /gnu/store/25q8b4qd4dnskz9dps2dpjh1yn44l2j3-m4-1.4.18.drv                                                                                                                                  
   /gnu/store/4w90lmqjgvsf512akq07yc407dga4hy9-m4-1.4.18.tar.xz.drv                                                                                                                           
   /gnu/store/kjgplhms52v1zijd7ysqwcnrl141147h-gmp-6.2.1.drv                                                                                                                                  
   /gnu/store/w4j7n5x75jh9nqcb2isn6b4y97nsp0w0-gmp-6.2.1.tar.xz.drv                                                                                                                           
   /gnu/store/bqx4vanc0fdb12b7r370knw2pswfl087-which-2.21.drv                                                                                                                                 
   /gnu/store/cqbnqjy28jwr956jnrchsasynvvxzxr4-texinfo-6.7.drv                                                                                                                                
   /gnu/store/gz4838q92xqgzzr7ssfaxkda64fi3llv-util-linux-2.37.2.drv                                                                                                                          
   /gnu/store/00ayzcv3y5wildmjs71137rhrm8nq79f-util-linux-2.37.2.tar.xz.drv                                                                                                                   
   /gnu/store/llnr2bljrfaq1a04l9rl0mhmi4g7j86s-file-5.39.drv                                                                                                                                  
   /gnu/store/xk4p21nw07v84f86cla2gq87acfafs2c-net-base-5.3.drv                                                                                                                               
   /gnu/store/334cvh2bi3grr1sldlxd89hk9qsq0fzc-tar-1.34.drv                                                                                                                                   
   /gnu/store/m7g5q4wx3cvcrafb5ggnzh0gzff3plkr-tar-1.34.tar.xz.drv                                                                                                                            
   /gnu/store/i9j4wggp79bvfphb300ccqf4yxmlqr8g-socat-1.7.4.1.drv                                                                                                                              
   /gnu/store/i9pna70gwbpaqiw21nws0nj8k6s6s44w-openssl-1.1.1l.drv                                                                                                                             
   /gnu/store/lgbc1abycjxmz59c715x2hspsbzmb6n4-openssl-1.1.1l.tar.xz.drv                                                                                                                      
   /gnu/store/il2shn06war7xbppacvnvpipqiry25yn-libidn2-2.3.1.drv                                                                                                                              
   /gnu/store/lm7anzq0zxmq5ys82q8wcsv929dnwcyc-libgc-8.0.4.drv                                                                                                                                
   /gnu/store/s2kbmjp57wcs9k8bdjmqg6jw6v6y39l2-guile-3.0.7.drv                                                                                                                                
   /gnu/store/b64003pq2kyz9y9h1w1vwxcyp4a7w2gw-guile-3.0.7.tar.xz.drv                                                                                                                         
   /gnu/store/fcy0lm53xp2alzl6h917hfxxi6nkqpnl-bash-minimal-5.1.8.drv                                                                                                                         
   /gnu/store/n3kvznqcb8dw87k15007z4jrkq9sd27i-bash-5.1.tar.xz.drv                                                                                                                            
   /gnu/store/v8wibyayy9w437b1b34r5xg0hznwz4g2-iproute2-5.15.0.drv                                                                                                                            
   /gnu/store/7yk0ahl6g47bl1a9bzjncyialriswvrk-iptables-1.8.7.drv                                                                                                                             
   /gnu/store/aqxjvkq9iklbqlf6yv1y4jbyzj0960k8-libnftnl-1.2.0.drv                                                                                                                             
   /gnu/store/qfls3pb21wngc059hz3qa5xv5fw6d4ji-libmnl-1.0.4.drv                                                                                                                               
   /gnu/store/h4f8haxgl2pi6b76512d2ahm9188d8x8-bison-3.7.6.drv                                                                                                                                
   /gnu/store/jg3593ah5hs240p6ph3wchqfm548iax7-flex-2.6.4.drv                                                                                                                                 
   /gnu/store/6rfrl67p38l2k8sij7559k78xgrmz3aj-bison-3.7.6.drv                                                                                                                                
   /gnu/store/kq2l9skayb4cfw9qcjryqbd5iab31vkq-help2man-1.48.5.drv                                                                                                                            
   /gnu/store/3al9x4rrbhrbsgc1knmh68vjv15yszx4-perl-gettext-1.07.drv                                                                                                                          
   /gnu/store/nwbwbccm91swfl7af0h9l1x0jsxxs45h-bdb-6.2.32.drv                                                                                                                                 
   /gnu/store/wfmwll2l89ysvwyzv9xnz9f2gzk9jr2a-gnutls-3.7.2.tar.xz.drv                                                                                                                        
   /gnu/store/1996zhhd280va833571lwwslh19qbl8v-mit-krb5-1.19.2.drv                                                                                                                            
   /gnu/store/27zvncyypq7cgvvk8nn5j8ig1jsrwv78-tcl-8.6.11.drv                                                                                                                                 
   /gnu/store/32x5rylxxmxp9dpx6ddk8jjpfxgnahfy-krb5-1.19.2.tar.xz.drv                                                                                                                         
   /gnu/store/37hx1llnmjn2psh31zhcwir8b131pmv7-python-minimal-wrapper-3.9.9.drv                                                                                                               
   /gnu/store/izg7ir47vn7q49wzl27g8qcc83aaf2s5-bash-5.1.8.drv                                                                                                                                 
   /gnu/store/7f1aqvgy31anw8j8i5b9rh9j28bs1g79-readline-8.1.1.drv
   /gnu/store/a52bwz6f5n1qs2xwp2k4m6c3jj0g923m-readline-8.1.tar.xz.drv                                                                                                                        
   /gnu/store/jkzdn93ibnawc3n3m5d1wb2bwdfp4d2r-zip-3.0.drv                                                                                                                                    
   /gnu/store/k2drqks7xjlwciizzmlbcz1jv22fs0wy-python-minimal-3.9.9.drv                                                                                                                       
   /gnu/store/7n3pp5plxgkv73dbcb4wpjb8l2xpdwzi-Python-3.9.9.tar.xz.drv                                                                                                                        
   /gnu/store/wffgw9613rlxgcb0hbsjs3h9c70mb3pp-tzdata-2021e.drv                                                                                                                               
   /gnu/store/kir7cx3man36s9dakvxgy5hj25jj9n6b-libidn-1.37.drv                                                                                                                                
   /gnu/store/wxfazy591bg0l27lypnhrrkv1a5687pp-curl-7.79.1.tar.xz.drv                                                                                                                         
   /gnu/store/x88yjnmwxa9vbii7j3mqhd252bjv94fp-nghttp2-1.44.0.drv                                                                                                                             
   /gnu/store/6zzhzd1vwhswc3ambph63jpz2bf973rj-jemalloc-5.2.1.drv                                                                                                                             
   /gnu/store/9v8kp9vpl4izi8h214m3akwnwaphms74-python-3.9.9.drv                                                                                                                               
   /gnu/store/1vsjxmjdnfw2mmi4kcjsrhdf7p0c36cv-util-macros-1.19.3.drv                                                                                                                         
   /gnu/store/48631lckm3awh5g82m2dx8hh15591alv-sqlite-3.36.0.drv                                                                                                                              
   /gnu/store/brg99anm83bfiflf78lpdsy7mzz4i6j6-sqlite-autoconf-3360000.tar.xz.drv                                                                                                             
   /gnu/store/c1a7z777vvrpfsvjqahr644j8v2anakp-libpthread-stubs-0.4.drv                                                                                                                       
   /gnu/store/ckpfcr3vi6mcxcm0z5nh2ddxyyng2ph0-libxcb-1.14.drv                                                                                                                                
   /gnu/store/a1qmxcy2nsyxdknp5frqr2bgac5spiw4-libxslt-1.1.34.drv                                                                                                                             
   /gnu/store/7irbb8gg2mhrgrc78s805vha3zq74n5a-libgcrypt-1.8.8.drv                                                                                                                            
   /gnu/store/kpsx704aichd30xl48dr7f19zkfvygvs-libgpg-error-1.42.drv                                                                                                                          
   /gnu/store/lm46sfisr7v3j01vpmy4mphs6qf8ln8b-libxslt-1.1.34.tar.xz.drv                                                                                                                      
   /gnu/store/nlcvs235a73kf4q8l1cpwmw4pn9mcwg6-xorgproto-2021.5.drv                                                                                                                           
   /gnu/store/pqk6d54pzv14cmk1jscbzlsgiwmh62c9-libxau-1.0.9.drv                                                                                                                               
   /gnu/store/pss5ydg602dilki26ckb7w3da9hsxi7l-libxdmcp-1.1.3.drv                                                                                                                             
   /gnu/store/vqmn3nr66wiv5na04i8hfw8hvljvzfpi-libbsd-0.10.0.drv                                                                                                                              
   /gnu/store/qy3956vrrsj3nqhmzqdj33fjvyk7lh5v-xcb-proto-1.14.drv                                                                                                                             
   /gnu/store/jgxrjg24gcn9n9wg181v8b2i7km4ls6c-xcb-proto-1.14.tar.xz.drv                                                                                                                      
   /gnu/store/iqqyd1bmdsh6a2l8is76yjcbzfyxfbj6-libx11-1.7.3.1.drv                                                                                                                             
   /gnu/store/njfg7kaq58h4b2ajx82bq23qngvqaf29-xtrans-1.4.0.drv                                                                                                                               
   /gnu/store/n3c1ikcris6724gj4gigqmyz0clx82i4-gdbm-1.20.drv                                                                                                                                  
   /gnu/store/s94jdk60vm47mg8wfj86jdjjwwixj1y6-tk-8.6.11.1.drv                                                                                                                                
   /gnu/store/9ays37y2xl6x6v3lfl2fc7nzfkc20djq-freetype-2.10.4.drv                                                                                                                            
   /gnu/store/w4fq71wwcanz9ahadrajvv2p9w00i4ap-libpng-1.6.37.drv                                                                                                                              
   /gnu/store/bif2q04z1wvd1qfqlmgkgmxn8hq6sar0-tk8.6.11.1-src.tar.xz.drv                                                                                                                      
   /gnu/store/gz4838q92xqgzzr7ssfaxkda64fi3llv-util-linux-2.37.2.drv                                                                                                                          
   /gnu/store/i5z414pgb9j7nf7zjb2jmpqy7fz0jmcg-fontconfig-minimal-2.13.94.drv                                                                                                                 
   /gnu/store/5rrqq8bjb54nziqi30p66iqdcg1nchcc-font-dejavu-2.37.drv                                                                                                                           
   /gnu/store/ah0iywxcj78i3smfcchmayvf4j625x99-gzip-1.10.drv                                                                                                                                  
   /gnu/store/al6g00fr19sax4ma0gwjl9l84z550313-gperf-3.1.drv                                                                                                                                  
   /gnu/store/scyw1x5sj31a1hsmrpv2b485fljcn68y-fontconfig-2.13.94.tar.xz.drv                                                                                                                  
   /gnu/store/i6az5d6ggyb21nd6vaz8iwz2aj1avrlw-libxrender-0.9.10.drv                                                                                                                          
   /gnu/store/vm9d2nba33znah7aar69ghhn6k94zq5r-libxft-2.3.3.drv                                                                                                                               
   /gnu/store/zmqffb7ampvyq7dn3s5kyb65ipg8y3ln-libxext-1.3.4.drv                                                                                                                              
   /gnu/store/k6k2x2l25qyjl5q6y2g6r11hy6wxa06y-libev-4.33.drv                                                                                                                                 
   /gnu/store/l33c5r3d1yw84hczyw5a3wakvvy5qlja-jansson-2.13.1.drv                                                                                                                             
   /gnu/store/mcgjiv5avnsg7327igyfl32ndhjzw34z-cunit-2.1-3.drv                                                                                                                                
   /gnu/store/4bqrdgfm31095d50q496w50wgxif1lpf-automake-1.16.3.drv                                                                                                                            
   /gnu/store/06d166mj5slfax35w7grdyswivxa7a1d-autoconf-wrapper-2.69.drv                                                                                                                      
   /gnu/store/lvpcvri3wsw22rxdvac4lxc94yq9b9a8-autoconf-2.69.drv                                                                                                                              
   /gnu/store/jcm7k2wxjps09dm7jvlg52c6hpy3lvyd-automake-1.16.3.tar.xz.drv                                                                                                                     
   /gnu/store/686icnkhbz7vwvv1sh9fjjxnr6wic6bi-libtool-2.4.6.drv                                                                                                                              
   /gnu/store/0blk79zszygm02r3v33g5cpp2899xfl3-libtool-2.4.6.tar.xz.drv                                                                                                                       
   /gnu/store/w71wp0q2n6j1hlj9hyfl9wrqbl4nb6jq-libltdl-2.4.6.drv                                                                                                                              
   /gnu/store/x0g1423icm9bp55j82p1a8brcdyscwi7-c-ares-1.17.2.drv      
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Wow.  That’s a lot of packages for which we have no substitutes on aarch64!

-- 
Ricardo