Subject: [bug#53901] [PATCH] publish: Sign only normative narinfo fields.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2022 22:49:44 +0100

Hi Chris,

Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> skribis:

> This sounds good to me.

Coolio.

> Going back to talk of enabling zstd substitutes on
> bordeaux.guix.gnu.org, this approach will be really helpful, as it means
> it's something the nar-herder can do, without needing the signing key.

Yes, it’s much better this way.  (And I think it’s important to provide
zstd substitutes for a good user experience.)

> Also, at some point, it would be good to move narinfo-string out to
> (guix narinfo), which would allow for the build coordinator to use it,
> rather than it's own implementation.

So if it uses its own implementation, it won’t benefit from this patch
right directly, right?

Anyhow I agree, we should move ‘narinfo-string’ to (guix narinfo).  I’ll
take a look if you don’t beat me at it!  :-)

Thanks,
Ludo’.