Subject: Re: [bug#53899] [PATCH 01/30] gnu: Add rust-platforms-2.

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 11:44:24 +0100

Hello,

phodina via Guix-patches via <[email-masked]> writes:

> These patches add new cargo utility to audit the security of rust crates.
>
> Maybe it could be integrated into the guix lint command to increase the auditing of rust ecosystem in GNU Guix.
>
> However, I do see one downside as this would create coupling on rust
> which might be problematic e.g. on Aarch64 architecture and it would
> also increase the complexity and build time for guix package.
>
> Nevertheless it can be used on it's own.

I applied the whole set minus "gnu: rust-tracing-subscriber-0.1: Add
inputs", as I couldn't make sense out of it and it didn't seem necessary
anyway.

I slightly changed a couple of synopsis and descriptions, removing words
in the former and adding Texinfo markup to the latter.

Thanks!

Regards,
-- 
Nicolas Goaziou