Subject: Re: bug#53896: 28.0.91; Icomplete Vertical Mode fails to preview "C-x 8 RET 8072"

From: Van Ly <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 13:06:17 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 12 Feb 2022, Po Lu wrote:

> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Sorry, I don't understand the relevance.  Do you see any names in
>> those URLs, and if so, are those names in any way derived from the
>> Unicode character DB?
>
> I couldn't find any, FWIW.
>

=> https://humanum.arts.cuhk.edu.hk/Lexis/lexi-mf/search.php?word=聲

The above link shows two handfuls of I suppose address schemes for 
that sign, U+8072 in unicode.

For me, the name

* <CJK Ideograph>
* CJK IDEOGRAPH-8072

is better than "No match" and I get the majority of people who never 
process any CJK will suffer performance-wise were the horde of CJK 
characters to match in part on insert-char.  So, an opt-in toggle and 
filter improves on the situation of a blank drop.

Maybe the relevant U+8072 slab from Unihan_Readings.txt can be 
included in describe-char under "Unicode data".

-- 
vl