Subject: Re: bug#53896: 28.0.91; Icomplete Vertical Mode fails to preview "C-x 8 RET 8072"

From: Van Ly <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 23:11:13 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 10 Feb 2022, Po Lu wrote:

>
> The CJK UNIFIED IDEOGRAPH-XXXX names are utterly meaningless to any
> speaker of an East Asian language that uses them.
>

LINEAR A SIGN A807 ; from C-x 8 RET 807

The above is utterly meaningless to me but maybe it is meaningful to 
the community studying Linear A.  And, maybe with time and more 
information the text description will improve.

My use case sources the CJK to read from, for example

=> https://ctext.org/er-ya/shi-gu
=> https://humanum.arts.cuhk.edu.hk/Lexis/lexi-mf/search.php

maybe there remain no speakers of those signs.

; from C-x 8 RET a

The current name for "<control>" had the old name "LINE FEED (LF)".

-- 
vl