Subject: Re: bug#53894: 27.2; Clipboard copy -> C-y -> M-y -> Same clipboard copy does not push to kill ring

From: Ignacio Casso <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 20:59:50 +0100

>>> Ok, here is the final patch, and a suggested commit message. I've
>>> initiated the paperwork for the copyright assignment, I will let you
>>> know when it is done.
>>
>> Thanks, I look forward to it.
>
> No news yet. I have not even got an answer. Do you know how long it
> usually takes? I'll send another email just in case the previous was
> lost.

They sent me the form no long after I sent this email, after Eli or Lars
intervened and asked himself. Not sure who of the two was since I seem
to have deleted those emails, but thank you for that.

However I've had no news again since I sent them the signed form. They
were supposed to sign it after me and send me a copy, but I haven't
heard from them since. This was two weeks ago. After one week I sent
another email asking how long should I expect the process to take, and
now one week after they haven't replied yet that email either.

I'd keep insisting but I read the following in
https://orgmode.org/worg/org-maintenance.html:

> The assignment process does not always go smoothly, and it has happened
> several times that it gets stuck or forgotten at the FSF. The contact at
> the FSF for this is: copyright-clerk AT fsf DOT org
>
> Emails from the paper submitter have been ignored in the past, but an
> email from the maintainers of Org mode has usually fixed such cases
> within a few days.

So could one of you send them another email, please?

Thanks,

--Ignacio