Subject: bug#53894: 27.2; Clipboard copy -> C-y -> M-y -> Same clipboard copy does not push to kill ring

From: Ignacio Casso <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 13:48:38 +0100

And also, I realize now that in my second email Eli and you were not CCs
yet, in case that confuses you too. So when I enumerate my emails, I
mean:

- 1º: Bug report to [email-masked]

- 2º: Wed, 09 Feb to Lars, Cc [email-masked], in which I
  explained most of this.

- 3º: Thu, 10 Feb to Lars, Cc Po Lu, Eli Zaretskii,
  [email-masked], in which I insisted with less detail, assuming
  (probably wrongly, I realize now) that Eli and you had read the
  second.

- 4º: The email immediately after, to Lars, Cc Po Lu, Eli Zaretskii,
  [email-masked], in which I retract what I said, thinking that
  Emacs now asserts ownership of the selection as soon as it reads it,
  which would invalidate everything I had said.

--Ignacio

Ignacio Casso <[email-masked]> writes:

> It is a typo indeed. Sorry, English is not my native language.
>
> Po Lu <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Ignacio Casso <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> - It was my impression that you though in the email thread of bug #27442
>>                                   ^^^^^^
>>
>>> - In my last emails I though, wrongly, that in Emacs 28 that mechanism
>>                         ^^^^^^
>>
>> I think I understand your point now, but is "though" here a typo for
>> "thought"?  That you repeat it twice makes me unsure.
>>
>> Thanks.