Subject: bug#53891: 29.0.50; native comp eln cache

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 10:38:29 +0200

> Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2022 15:54:24 +0200
> From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> Since it sounds like people want to divert the eln-cache directory to
> custom places, something we didn't envision, we should support it
> correctly: by making the "eln-cache" directory name customizable
> instead of hard-coded.
> 
> I will work on adding such a feature.  Please stay tuned.

On second thought, the above was not the best idea, since changing the
value of a variable cannot affect the path immediately, at least not
easily.

So I have now added a new function, 'startup-redirect-eln-cache',
which can be called in your init files to change the user-specific
part of 'native-comp-eln-load-path'.  For best results, call that
function in your early-init file.

Please see if the latest master branch solves the issue you reported,
if you use that function instead of setting
'native-comp-eln-load-path' directly.