Subject: bug#53886: closed (guix home not respecting guix pull -C)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2025 20:52:02 +0000

Your bug report

#53886: guix home not respecting guix pull -C

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
53886: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=53886
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: guix home not respecting guix pull -C
From: Zacchaeus Scheffer <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2025 16:50:58 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Closing as main problem was resolved.

Subject: guix home not respecting guix pull -C
From: Zacchaeus Scheffer <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2022 18:57:14 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Guix!

I came across some weird behavior with guix home.  I wanted to recreate a
working home environment from one machine on another (because I need a
working qutebrowser install :3).  I did this by doing "guix pull
--allow-downgrades -C" on my non-working computer using a channels file on
the working one generated with "guix package --export-channels".  However,
when I did "guix home reconfigure ...", old versions of packages were NOT
installed.  I was able to downgrade the desired package with "guix package
-i" (only that package was downgraded).

My understanding is that "guix home reconfigure" SHOULD behave like "guix
package --manifest", and install all packages in the most recent guix pull.

Very minor and not impeding me, but thought y'all should know,
-Zacchaeus Scheffer