Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 09/15] gnu: Add racket-vm-cgc.

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 16:09:21 +0100

Hi Liliana,

Thanks Philip for these large series.

> I know I have a tendency towards being overly cautious when it comes to
> pushing big changes, so if that's the case I'd be happy if someone else
> were to take over.  That said, I do feel somewhat lonely at the moment
> despite the many people specifically mentioned in "To:" and "Cc:", so
> I'm somewhat content with moving slowly for now.

Sorry, I am running out of time and the series is quite large; the
changes are not really atomic. ;-)

On Wed, 23 Feb 2022 at 21:31, Liliana Marie Prikler
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> > But I am confident that v4 of this series is at least not broken, if
> > perhaps not maximally beautiful. Especially given that I, for one,
> > have tried things that initially seemed correct only to discover
> > subtle problems later, I think it would be better for any refinements
> > to come in follow-on patches later.
>
> I can understand the sentiment, but there are some things that still
> don't feel right for me – for instance the fact, that seemingly
> unrelated modules now have to pull in racket bootstrap sounds like a
> recipe for trouble.  The final patch in the series also still does too
> much for me to wrap my head around, which makes it difficult to audit.

I understand both sentiments.  I also have some difficulties for
auditing the series.  Well, it needs some time to sit down, fill the
coffee pot and careful review. :-)

I cannot promise but I will try to give a look next week; for what my
reviewing eyes are worth.

Cheers,
simon