Subject: [bug#53878] [PATCH v3 09/15] gnu: Add racket-vm-cgc.

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2022 21:46:47 +0100

Am Samstag, dem 19.02.2022 um 01:42 -0500 schrieb Philip McGrath:
> * gnu/packages/patches/racket-enable-scheme-backport.patch: New
> patch.
> * gnu/local.mk (dist_patch_DATA): Add it.
> * gnu/packages/chez-and-racket-bootstrap.scm (unbundle-chez-
> submodules,
> %racket-version, %racket-origin, racket-vm-cgc): New variables.
> (chez-scheme)[source]<snippet>: Use 'unbundle-chez-submodules'.
Something weird happened to me just now trying to build this series. 
While compiling emacs-xyz, an error was raised regarding %racket-
version not existing and and import being missing.  Assuming that you
didn't mess up an include somewhere, there could be a cycle meaning
we'd have to pass the version and origin by function as I originally
said in my reply to v2.

I'll clean up my work tree and try to reapply it, but that will take
some time.  Since you mentioned re-exports causing issues, I'd like to
ask if you've made a similar experience, but the results got somehow
hidden after the right incantations.

Cheers