Subject: [bug#53878] [PATCH v3 00/15] Update Racket to 8.4. Adjust Chez Scheme packages.

From: Philip McGrath <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2022 01:42:13 -0500

Hi,

As promised, here is v3!

Changes since v2:

  * 05/15: Fix typo in commit message.

  * 09/15: Add `%racket-version` and `%racket-origin`.

  * 11/15: Add `%chez-scheme-for-racket-version`.

  * 15/15: Use `%racket-version` and `%racket-origin`. Also:

      * `racket-minimal`: The package to install explicitly is
        "racket-lib" ("base" is implicit).

      * `make-installation-layer.rkt`: Adjust workaround for
        <https://github.com/racket/racket/issues/4133>, because `racket`
        (but not `racket-minimal`) ends up actually creating the bogus
        untethered "bin" directory.

I've also put these patches up
at <https://gitlab.com/philip1/guix-patches/-/tags/guix-issue-53878-v3>

 -Philip

Philip McGrath (15):
  gnu: chez-scheme: Move to (gnu packages chez-and-racket-bootstrap).
  gnu: chez-scheme: Use "lib/chez-scheme" for search path.
  gnu: chez-scheme: Use shared zlib and lz4.
  gnu: chez-and-racket-bootstrap: Add utilities for Chez machine types.
  gnu: chez-scheme: Use new package style.
  gnu: Add stex.
  gnu: Add chez-nanopass.
  gnu: chez-scheme: Explicitly package bootstrap bootfiles.
  gnu: Add racket-vm-cgc.
  gnu: Add racket-vm-bc.
  gnu: Add chez-scheme-for-racket.
  gnu: Add racket-vm-cs.
  gnu: chez-mit: Support chez-scheme-for-racket.
  gnu: chez-and-racket-bootstrap: Add 'chez-scheme-for-system'.
  gnu: racket: Update to 8.4.

 gnu/local.mk                                  |    5 +-
 gnu/packages/chez-and-racket-bootstrap.scm    | 1074 ++++++++++++
 gnu/packages/chez.scm                         |  628 +++----
 gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm                    |    4 +-
 gnu/packages/loko.scm                         |    4 +-
 .../racket-enable-scheme-backport.patch       |  465 +++++
 ...acket-gui-tethered-launcher-backport.patch |   26 +
 gnu/packages/racket.scm                       | 1557 +++++++++++------
 8 files changed, 2821 insertions(+), 942 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/chez-and-racket-bootstrap.scm
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/racket-enable-scheme-backport.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/racket-gui-tethered-launcher-backport.patch

-- 
2.32.0