Subject: Re: bug#53877: 29.0.50; [PATCH] async Gnus/nnml

From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2022 10:52:39 +0100

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> -(defcustom mail-source-crash-box "~/.emacs-mail-crash-box"
>> -  "File where mail will be stored while processing it."
>> +(defcustom mail-source-crash-box-prefix "~/.emacs-mail-crash-box-"
>> +  "Prefix of files where mail will be stored while processing it."
>>    :type 'file)
>
> Is the point here that we want to have several mail-source-fetchers
> going in parallel?

Yes that's the point. After those patches, I've started to work on
moving `mail-source-fetch' from «callback method» to «process+sentinel
method». So far, I have done most simple ones: "file" and "directory"
sources.

>> +(defun mail-source-existing-crash-boxes ()
>> +  (let ((directory (file-name-directory mail-source-crash-box-prefix))
>> +        (partial (file-name-nondirectory mail-source-crash-box-prefix)))
>> +    (mapcar #'(lambda (name) (file-name-concat directory name))
>> +            (file-name-all-completions partial directory))))
>
> `directory-files' takes a MATCH parameter, and is the way to get
> matches -- not the completion machinery.

Thanks, I'll change that.
-- 
Manuel Giraud