Subject: Re: bug#53877: 29.0.50; [PATCH] async Gnus/nnml

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2022 09:20:22 +0100

Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]> writes:

> -(defcustom mail-source-crash-box "~/.emacs-mail-crash-box"
> -  "File where mail will be stored while processing it."
> +(defcustom mail-source-crash-box-prefix "~/.emacs-mail-crash-box-"
> +  "Prefix of files where mail will be stored while processing it."
>    :type 'file)

Is the point here that we want to have several mail-source-fetchers
going in parallel?

> +(defun mail-source-existing-crash-boxes ()
> +  (let ((directory (file-name-directory mail-source-crash-box-prefix))
> +        (partial (file-name-nondirectory mail-source-crash-box-prefix)))
> +    (mapcar #'(lambda (name) (file-name-concat directory name))
> +            (file-name-all-completions partial directory))))

`directory-files' takes a MATCH parameter, and is the way to get
matches -- not the completion machinery.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no