Subject: [bug#53872] [PATCH] gnu: maven: Use required logger

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 16:03:23 +0100

Hi,

Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I figured there was a small issue with our maven package. It warns that
> the current logger is not supported, and lists no supported logger.
> This is because I forgot to copy resources in maven-embedder (first
> patch). I also noticed I missed resources in maven-compat, so I fixed
> that in the second patch.
>
> Then, maven uses its own logger instead of a default one, even if it
> does support slf4j-simple. The third patch adds maven-slf4j-wrapper. It
> is essentially a fork of slf4j-simple, but the way it's written
> requires me to copy most of slf4j-simple's sources. The last patch
> switches the use of slf4j-simple to maven-slf4j-provider. I checked
> that java-jmh still builds properly with this change, and no warnings
> are shown about the logger anymore.

I know nothing about Maven but I’d say you can go ahead if the other
Java folks around here have nothing to say.
(When do we set up teams? :-))

Thanks,
Ludo’.