Subject: Re: bug#53871: 29.0.50; Emacs freezes with new child-frame option

From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2022 13:06:31 +0100

Hi Tassilo,

Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]> writes:

> I can't reproduce with the slightly later version 9d1ae05442 on
> GNU/Linux with a pgtk build.  When scroll up and down (only so far as to
> keep point at the closing paren of the defun), I'll see the child frame
> displaying the "(defun ...)" line whenever I stop scrolling for a
> second.
>
> After doing that for I while, I checked that `(frame-list)` still
> contains just a single frame.  How is that for you?

Thanks for your response.  It is the same, only one frame.

> And do you recover from the freeze?

No recovery, Emacs freezes hard and I have to kill it from the shell.

> Does doing the recipe with debug-on-quit set and then doing C-g when the
> freeze occurs shed some light?

See above.  Interesting point is that scrolling with mouse wheel isn't a
problem, things play havoc if I touch the scroll bar with the mouse
pointer.

Best, Arash