Subject: Re: bug#5386: 23.1.91;

From: Dan Nicolaescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 11:31:34 -0800 (PST)

Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> writes:

  > Dan Nicolaescu <[email-masked]> writes:
  > 
  > > That is fine, it's just a warning.
  > > And it has the added benefit that users are aware of what might go on,
  > > and it also adds a bit of pressure on the Gtk people to fix the bug.
  > 
  > How about issuing a warning when a new GTK frame is created?

When?
Every time a GTK frame is created?
That would be very annoying.

After we've had a disconnect?  I don't think there's a way to detect
that situation reliably.

Having the warning issued when starting emacs --daemon has the advantage
that it's only done once per session.  Sure, it does not cover all cases
(you still run into trouble by doing emacs -nw -f server-start then
create a GTK frame), but it does cover the most frequent use-case.