Subject: Re: bug#53843: 27.2; unknown function used in flymake

From: Nicolas Martyanoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2022 15:50:03 +0100

Robert Pluim <[email-masked]> writes:

>>>>>> On Mon, 07 Feb 2022 13:54:23 +0100, Nicolas Martyanoff <[email-masked]> said:
>
>     Nicolas> Hi,
>
>     Nicolas> Using eglot with python-mode (with pyright) causes regular errors
>     Nicolas> involving flymake caused by calls to an unknown "string-replace"
>     Nicolas> function:
>
> `string-replace' was added in emacs-28, so it looks like your flymake
> package needs adjusting. (the version shipped with emacs-28 has ;;
> Package-Requires: ((emacs "28.1") (eldoc "1.1.0") (project "0.7.1")))

I am using eglot which references a flymake copy from
https://github.com/emacs-straight/flymake.

The author of eglot told me to report the bug here, but I guess the
problem comes from eglot (which requires 26.1+) using a copy of flymake
which requires (28.1+).

I do not understand why emacs loads this copy of flymake without
signaling an error given the constraint in Package-Requires, or why is
eglot using a copy of flymake altogether, but these problems are
unrelated to string-replace.

Thank you for the information anyway!

Regards,

-- 
Nicolas Martyanoff
http://snowsyn.net
[email-masked]