Subject: bug#53841: Fwd: You found a bug: guix pull fails computing derivation

From: Jacob First <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2022 09:26:17 +0000

Hello,

I've just received the following output from `guix pull`, and am
reporting as requested. Running `guix pull` a second time succeeded.

Thanks,
Jacob

----

$ guix pull # first time

Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at
'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
Building from this channel:
  guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git    c6b407c
Computing Guix derivation for 'x86_64-linux'... /guix pull: error: You
found a bug: the program
'/gnu/store/n6434fgj7cf03dnv3zwyj1y3ymsf6vlj-compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version:
"c6b407c923253ac3e7ce8439b31f52ef94de7846"; system: "x86_64-linux";
host version: "c6b407c923253ac3e7ce8439b31f52ef94de7846"; pull-version: 1).
Please report the COMPLETE output above by email to <[email-masked]>.

$ guix pull # second time

Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at
'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
Building from this channel:
  guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git    c6b407c
Computing Guix derivation for 'x86_64-linux'... |
nothing to be done