Subject: bug#5384 closed by Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> (Re: Bug#5384)

From: [email-masked] (Emacs bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 20:22:02 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the debbugs.gnu.org package:

#5384: Treatment of addresses in /usr/lib/debbugs/process 

It has been closed by Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
5384: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=5384
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: Bug#5384
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 15:21:42 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Implemented.

Subject: Treatment of addresses in /usr/lib/debbugs/process
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: emacsbugs <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 20:47:36 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Package: debbugs.gnu.org

I think /usr/lib/debbugs/process is ok now, but to make it all really
correct, here are the changes I'd like to make at some point. This is
all for new reports only:

Use get_addresses to scan every address in the input To: and Cc: headers.

(There should not be any CC: header in a new report, but rather an
X-Debbugs-CC header instead. Should we insert a warning or something if
there was a CC header?)

In the To: header in the mail that gets sent out, replace any instances
of submit@debbugs (using variables rather than hard-coding; ie the
submission address), or bug-gnu-emacs (variable; ie the maintenance
address), or emacs-pretest-bug (would have to be hard-coded) with
$ref\@$gEmailDomain (ie the bug number).

(See http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2010-01/msg00543.html )

Put all other addresses in the CC: header, including any X-Debbugs-CC
header (see bug#1780).

(Note that the To: and CC: headers in the mail are just for display and
are separate from the actual addresses that the mail gets sent to.)

Then there will no longer be a need to insert a Mail-Followup-To header.

Finally, remove any duplicate addresses.