Subject: [bug#53833] [PATCH] gnu: Add qbe.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 May 2022 15:16:13 +0200

Hi,

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Am Montag, dem 25.04.2022 um 20:05 +0000 schrieb [email-masked]:
>> QBE is now being used in one reasonably mature project:
>> https://harelang.org
>> 
>> While it's not at 1.0 yet, it's been in development for ~2 (i think)
>> years now.
> I'm not asking for a 1.0, I'd be fine with a 0.1 or even a 0.0.1.  As
> it stands, every place I look at says "this is experimental" rather
> than "you can use this and it ought to work as intended at least for
> these sample programs".

But that’s fine: having a web page at all, or one that doesn’t read
“experimental”, has never been a criterion for getting a package in
Guix.

There’s now a second patch for qbe:

  https://issues.guix.gnu.org/55151

I propose to go ahead and apply it, adding anything missing from paren’s
initial patch.

Thanks,
Ludo’.