Subject: bug#53823: closed (Re: bug#53823: Build fails for [email-masked])

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2022 23:30:02 +0000

Your bug report

#53823: Build fails for [email-masked]

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
53823: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=53823
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#53823: Build fails for [email-masked]
From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
To: Adam Maleszka <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 00:28:55 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Adam Maleszka via Bug reports for GNU Guix <[email-masked]> skriver:

> Since I moved to Guix distribution on the 1st of January (btw, good
> move), compiling [email-masked] has always failed. More specifically,
> errors are triggered by pytest during the check phase.

Fixed in 6ff0a6d53a4f5c3faa4a4b6503dab47ea2cc2426, thanks!

Subject: Build fails for [email-masked]
From: Adam Maleszka <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2022 14:47:38 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Since I moved to Guix distribution on the 1st of January (btw, good
move), compiling [email-masked] has always failed. More specifically,
errors are triggered by pytest during the check phase.

Some of relevant lines extracted from the log:

-

E     AssertionError: '' != 'pytest-cov: Failed to setup subprocess co[221 chars]")\n'
E     + pytest-cov: Failed to setup subprocess coverage. Environ: {'COV_CORE_SOURCE': 'cpplint', 'COV_CORE_CONFIG': ':', 'COV_CORE_DATAFILE': '/tmp/guix-build-cpplint-1.4.5.drv-0/source/.coverage'} Exception: ModuleNotFoundError("No module named 'coverage'")

A common message for all of these errors is that pytest-cov failed to
setup sub-process, probably, due to the lack of the 'coverate' module
(even though the python-pytest-cov package is listed in native-inputs).

I have tested this on several machines (all of them x86_64-linux) and on
a fresh system and the errors appear the same everywhere. I've attached
the complete log to this post.