Subject: [bug#53821] [PATCH] Add the python-psycopg2-binary package.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2025 19:15:00 +0100

(including previous reply after unarchiving)

On 17/01/2025 5:50, jgart wrote:
> Isn't python-psycopg2-binary just a pre-built binary of python-pyscopg2
> distributed on PyPI IIRC?

I now looked at the most recent pypi tar to check this 
(https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/cb/0e/bdc8274dc0585090b4e3432267d7be4dfbfd8971c0fa59167c711105a6bf/psycopg2-binary-2.9.10.tar.gz), 
and compared it (manually) to the python-psycopg2 tar.

Don't see any difference, which is just weird.

Recommend 'diffoscope [psycopg2 source] [pysocopg2-binary 'source']' for 
a closer investigation.

(---)

On 3/02/2025 0:49, jgart wrote:

> > Don't see any difference, which is just weird.
>
> Interesting...
>
> Should we remove it?

I think it's important to mention here that the computer I'm writing 
this on, doesn't have Guix and in particular it doesn't have diffoscope, 
so I cannot practically answer that at this time.

Best regards,
Maxime Devos