Subject: bug#53808: 29.0.50; ansi colorization process could block indefinetly on stray ESC char

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2022 23:55:27 +0100

<[email-masked]> writes:

> Thanks. I took the liberty of working on your patch, adding support for
> ansi-color-apply-on-region, ansi-color-filter-region,
> ansi-color-filter-apply. I also added some tests as you suggested and
> made a minor simplification.

Thanks; applied to Emacs 29.

Ioannis' original code was small enough to apply without an FSF
copyright assignment, so I noted the different authors in the commit
message.

Ioannis, this change was small enough to apply without assigning
copyright to the FSF, but for future patches you want to submit, it
might make sense to get the paperwork started now, so that subsequent
patches can be applied speedily. Would you be willing to sign such
paperwork?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no