Subject: Re: [bug#53797] [PATCH] gnu: Add emacs-app-launcher.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2022 12:39:01 +0100

Demis Balbach schreef op zo 06-02-2022 om 11:58 [+0100]:
> > Demis Balbach schreef op za 05-02-2022 om 12:20 [+0100]:
> > > +       "Use Emacs an app launcher")
> > 
> > Seems ingrammatical, "Use Emacs as an app launcher" would be better
> > though still rather vague.
> > 
> > Greetings,
> > Maxime.
> > 
> 
> This is indeed a mistake. But please, if you have a better
> synopsis/description in mind - share it. I'm always bad at these
> things. Especially since the package itself doesn't provide a whole
> lot
> of documentation since it's so simple.

I'm also bad at descriptions and synopses.  How about

(synopsis "Start applications from Emacs")
(description "This package allows starting applications from within
Emacs with the @lisp{app-launcher-run-app} command.  It supports
autocompletion.  It cannot be used to start arbitrary software; it
assumes that the application has a .desktop file.  This is the case
for most, but certainly not all, graphical software.")

?

‘Application’ in the synopsis is not really specific, but the
description explains what counts as ‘application’ to emacs-app-
launcher.

Greetings,
Maxime