Subject: Re: [bug#53797] [PATCH] gnu: Add emacs-app-launcher.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2022 12:44:10 +0100

Demis Balbach schreef op zo 06-02-2022 om 12:01 [+0100]:
> I don't know if that's a violation sorry. Regarding adding it
> upstream. I don't think so. At least judging by the activity of the
> maintainer. See here:
> https://github.com/SebastienWae/app-launcher/issues
> 
> There are open issues starting a year ago and the author hasn't
> replied
> to any of them. But I could try my luck and contact them to add the
> copyright notices.

IANAL but it's such a minor and technical violation (the app-
launcher.el even acknowledges Oleh Krehel, it just didn't say
Copyright YEAR Oleh Krehel (or Copyright YEAR FSF, since it looks
like Counsel has some copyright assignement to the FSF going on))
that I would consider making a token effort to correct it upstream
sufficient.

If not, it could be patched (with an origin snippet or a patch)
in Guix.

Greetings,
Maxime.