Subject: [bug#53797] [PATCH] gnu: Add emacs-app-launcher.

From: Demis Balbach <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2022 12:01:34 +0100

On 2022-02-05 13:20, Maxime Devos wrote:

> Demis Balbach schreef op za 05-02-2022 om 12:20 [+0100]:
>> +(define-public emacs-app-launcher
>
> app-launcher.el says it includes code from the Counsel package by Oleh
> Krehel and the counsel source files have "Copyright (C) YEARS Foo"
> lines, but app-launcher.el doesn't have those.
>
> IIRC, the GPL has a clause that says you need to preserve copyright
> lines, so this looks like a violation of the license to me.  Can they
> be re-added upstream?
>
> Greetings,
> Maxime.

I don't know if that's a violation sorry. Regarding adding it
upstream. I don't think so. At least judging by the activity of the
maintainer. See here:
https://github.com/SebastienWae/app-launcher/issues

There are open issues starting a year ago and the author hasn't replied
to any of them. But I could try my luck and contact them to add the
copyright notices.

-- 
Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Demis Balbach