Subject: Re: bug#53793: 29.0.50; 'fullscreen' frame parameter on pgtk

From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2022 23:33:49 +0100

On Mon, 07 Feb 2022 09:23:02 +0800 Po Lu <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Stephen Berman <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> This sounds similar to bug#52697, but I'm not running Wayland (I think;
>> how can I know for sure?).
>
> Evaluate (pgtk-backend-display-class); it should return
> "GdkWaylandDisplay" on Wayland.

Thanks, that returns "GdkX11Display", confirming I'm not running Wayland.

>> Is there some way to programmatically get the real screen coordinates
>> in the PGTK build?
>
> No, since Wayland doesn't have a concept of "real screen coordinates" at
> all.

But since I'm not running Wayland, is there some way under X11?  (Maybe
it would be better if you answer this question in bug#52697, since my
conjecture that that bug is related to the one in this thread is
apparently wrong.)

Steve Berman