Subject: bug#53793: closed (Re: bug#53793: 29.0.50; 'fullscreen' frame parameter on pgtk)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2022 09:39:02 +0000

Your bug report

#53793: 29.0.50; 'fullscreen' frame parameter on pgtk

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
53793: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=53793
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#53793: 29.0.50; 'fullscreen' frame parameter on pgtk
From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
To: Augusto Stoffel <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2022 17:38:14 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

(When replying to bug reports in the future, please use "Reply to All",
so that your messages can be recorded by the bug tracker.)

Augusto Stoffel <[email-masked]> writes:

> Yes, the frame parameter is correctly reported now, thanks!

I'm closing this bug then, thanks.

> It also seems that `move-frame-functions' are not run as promised.  Or
> at least the following bit of configuration is still broken on pgtk but
> works fine on X.

If you're running Wayland, then it's a limitation of the Wayland
protocol, which has no global coordinate system.  GTK exposes it as
every Wayland window (surface) being placed at 0, 0.

>     (add-hook 'move-frame-functions
>               (lambda (frame) "Undecorate frame when maximized."
>                 (set-frame-parameter frame 'undecorated
>                  (eq 'maximized (frame-parameter frame 'fullscreen)))))

Subject: 29.0.50; 'fullscreen' frame parameter on pgtk
From: Augusto Stoffel <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2022 09:50:56 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Emacs compiled with pgtk, (frame-parameter nil 'fullscreen) returns
nil when the frame is maximized.  (Without pgtk, it returns the symbol
'maximized'; if I make the frame fullscreen, then the above always
returns the usual 'fullboth'.)

I'm using Gnome on Wayland.  More system information below:

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 15, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.30, cairo version 1.17.4)
 of 2022-02-04 built on toolbox
Repository revision: 3e20a900195cb72e4c940db9ff123c3049483074
Repository branch: master
System Description: Fedora Linux 35 (Workstation Edition)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-pgtk'