Subject: bug#53778: 29.0.50; Can't start Emacs because of RenderBadPicture X protocol error

From: Mauro Aranda <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 10:45:47 -0300

Po Lu <[email-masked]> writes:

> Mauro Aranda <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Haven't made any progress with GDB so far, sorry.
>
> I hope you get it working soon.

I couldn't make it work.  I guess there's something wrong with
GDB on Slackware 14.2, because in a parallel XUbuntu installation I can
run GDB just fine.

> If you run Emacs with synchronization on outside gdb, wait for it to
> crash, and run `coredumpctl debug', what happens?  A backtrace from such
> a core dump would work as well.

No SystemD stuff in Slackware.

Anyway, I did a system update and I no longer see the RenderBadPicture
error.  I do see BadMatch errors but those has been fixed between the
reported commit and master.

I won't be able to help investigate the bug any further, so feel free to
close this bug report.