Subject: bug#53778: 29.0.50; Can't start Emacs because of RenderBadPicture X protocol error

From: Mauro Aranda <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2022 12:49:45 -0300

El vie, 4 feb 2022 a las 12:34, Stephen Berman (<[email-masked]>)
escribió:

>> I'm not able to run GDB, but I bisected it to the following commit:
>> b944841173..: Håkon Flatval 2022-01-29 Add background transparency
support for GTK+Cairo
>> commit b944841173f12134e4c68d269d5b82b1820b2a40
>> Author: Håkon Flatval <[email-masked]>
>> Date:   Sat Jan 29 16:13:06 2022 +0100
>>
>>   Add background transparency support for GTK+Cairo
>>
>> In particular, if I revert the hunk in select_visual, the problem seems
>> to go away.

> I also got a crash after this commit, but Po Lu committed several
> subsequent patches that fixed the problem for me.  Can you update and
> see if it still crashes?

Yes, I can't run Emacs from HEAD either.