Subject: Re: bug#53775: closed (Re: bug#53775: [PATCH] gnu: Add gnunet-scheme)

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2022 00:18:20 +0100

GNU bug Tracking System schreef op vr 04-02-2022 om 22:41 [+0000]:
> > +                         texmacs
> 
> I was surprised by the choice of TeXmacs for documentation—TeXmacs is
> a beautiful piece of software, but I find it inconvenient that the
> manual is only viewable as PDF, cannot link to other manuals, etc. 
> My 2¢.

Even with the disadvantages of TeXmacs over TeXinfo (no .info export
so not readable with info readers, no system for cross-references
between manuals except for direct hyperlinking ...), I still prefer
TeXmacs because its editor is just so convenient to use.

FWIW, TeXmacs not only has a PDF export, but also a HTML export:
$ $FAVOURITE_BROWSER $(guix build gnunet-scheme)/share/doc/scheme-gnunet/scheme-gnunet.html

Would be nice if TeXmacs gained some TeXinfo-style cross-referencing macros
and an '.info' export though ...

> (I was also surprised by the use of the (gnu gnunet) name space
> instead of just (gnunet), say.)

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/gnunet.git/tree/ used (gnu
gnunet ...), so does gnunet-scheme.

The convention in Guileland seems to be (gnunet ...) though
(unlike, say, coffeeland where tld.domain.foo.bar is the convention),
so perhaps that will be corrected in a future version.

Greetings,
Maxime.