Subject: Re: [bug#53765] V3 Patches

From: Reily Siegel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 23:14:41 +0200

Maxime Devos <[email-masked]> writes:

> Reily Siegel schreef op za 16-04-2022 om 22:15 [+0200]:
>> Maxime Devos <[email-masked]> writes:
>> 
>> > > Is this issue blocking for the inclusion of the package?
>> > > 
>> > > [1]: https://github.com/cognitect-labs/aws-api/issues/116
>> > 
>> > From my POV, yes.
>> 
>> In this case, would you like me to submit an alternative patch that
>> keeps these features patched out, but silences the warnings printed that
>> S3 classes are not available?
>
> When do these warnings happen?  Only if the user asked to do some S3
> things, or also when no S3 things are done at all?  If it's the former,
> I don't see a reason to patch out the warnings, though if it's the
> latter I agree.

These warnings happen every time the tool is run, here is what it looks
like:

"Warning: failed to load the S3TransporterFactory class"

It is very trivial to patch out.

> I haven't looked at the v3 patches in detail yet, but if the
> com-cognitect-aws-s3 package is not part of the v4, then I expect the
> v4 to be good.
>
> FWIW, I don't think I'll have time to look again anytime soonish.

If I simply patch out this one feature, the resulting patchset will be
much simpler. Most of this patch is adding dependencies of aws-api. If
that can be patched out, the only change needed over the existing
clojure-tools package is to remove the one line responsible for printing
this warning from the file, should be doable with an easy substitution.

-- 
Reily Siegel