Subject: Re: [bug#53765] V3 Patches

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 22:47:34 +0200

Reily Siegel schreef op za 16-04-2022 om 22:15 [+0200]:
> Maxime Devos <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > > Is this issue blocking for the inclusion of the package?
> > > 
> > > [1]: https://github.com/cognitect-labs/aws-api/issues/116
> > 
> > From my POV, yes.
> 
> In this case, would you like me to submit an alternative patch that
> keeps these features patched out, but silences the warnings printed that
> S3 classes are not available?

When do these warnings happen?  Only if the user asked to do some S3
things, or also when no S3 things are done at all?  If it's the former,
I don't see a reason to patch out the warnings, though if it's the
latter I agree.

I haven't looked at the v3 patches in detail yet, but if the
com-cognitect-aws-s3 package is not part of the v4, then I expect the
v4 to be good.

FWIW, I don't think I'll have time to look again anytime soonish.

Greetings,
Maxime