Subject: [bug#53765] V3 Patches

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 21:32:45 +0200

Reily Siegel schreef op vr 15-04-2022 om 15:55 [+0200]:
> Hello,
> 
> I just wanted to check in and make sure you saw the version 3 patches I
> sent in, having resolved the licensing issue.

I looked at the new jar that was uploaded
(https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/com.cognitect.aws/s3/822.2.1109.0)
and it looks like there is still a problem.  The APL states:

      (d) If the Work includes a "NOTICE" text file as part of its
          distribution, then any Derivative Works that You distribute
          must include a readable copy of the attribution notices
          contained within such NOTICE file, excluding [...]

and <https://github.com/aws/aws-sdk-js> has a NOTICE.txt.  However, it
is missing from the com.cognitect.aws.s3 jar.

Cognitect also modified the files (by the JSON -> EDN compilation), and
APL says:

  You must cause any modified files to carry prominent notices stating
  that You changed the files; and

though perhaps, if JSON -> EDN is sufficiently lossless, this could be
considered not a modification, I don't know.

Greetings,
Maxime.