Subject: [bug#53765] [PATCH 00/17] Remove limitations on clojure-tools

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 12:39:01 +0200

Ludovic Courtès schreef op di 29-03-2022 om 11:54 [+0200]:
> Hello Maxime & Reily!
> 
> I haven’t followed closely; what’s the consensus here: would you say a
> v3 is necessary?
> 
> Anyhow, I’m happy to apply when push when you deem it ready; feel free
> to ping me!
> 
> Ludo’.

There are some problems with compiling the clojure code (AOT), though
they appear to be not exclusive to clojure-tools but possibly with the
build system -- from the discussions I've read, I guess that Clojure
macros use 'gensym', which causes build time<->runtime problems?  Or
maybe not exactly that, but something with the same effect.  And
apparently probably the dependencies are compiled instead of only the
library.

These potential compilation problems could be studied and resolved in a
separate issue/patch though (for now, AOT is being disabled).

There are also some potential license problems with
clojure-com-cognitect-aws-s3.  Upstream has been contacted for
more information
<https://github.com/cognitect-labs/aws-api/issues/208>.

Greetings,