Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 16/18] gnu: Add clojure-com-cognitect-aws-s3.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 13:46:27 +0200

Reily Siegel schreef op ma 28-03-2022 om 11:41 [+0200]:
> Maxime Devos <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > However, I still do not have proof that it is actually ASL2.0 license
> > -- I don't consider pom.xml to be proof by itself, because I often see
> > packages where the license mentioned in the source files does not match
> > the license in their equivalent of pom.xml or README.
> 
> What course of action would you like me to take here? I believe this is
> the only indication of the license in the source code, so nothing to
> conflict with. I can reach out to Cognitect on slack to confirm that the
> license is correct,
> 

That should be sufficient to confirm the licensing terms ...

>  however given my past interactions I suspect that
> the package won't be updated for the benefit of this project.

... however, if that turns out to be the case, then it seems that Guix
cannot include clojure-com-cognitect-aws-s3 as-is, because of 3.2(b) of
the EPL2.0:

  3.2 When the Program is Distributed as Source Code:

      a)[...]
      b) a copy of this Agreement must be included with each copy of the Program.

Perhaps an appropriate snippet would be sufficient, or maybe not.

Rhethorical question: why do people keep forgetting this of kind term (in the
GPL, EPL, Expat or otherwise, even in their own software?)

Do you know where the cognitect slack channels are located?  I've created an
account (for the clojure slack) some time ago, but I don't know where the
cognitect slack is (didn't find it).  Also, do you know if they are also
reachable via some open platform (e-mail, IRC, ...)?

Greetings,
Maxime.