Subject: [bug#53765] [PATCH v2 05/18] gnu: Add clojure-core-memoize.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 10:55:07 +0100

Maxime Devos schreef op za 19-03-2022 om 20:15 [+0100]:
> Reily Siegel schreef op za 19-03-2022 om 20:07 [+0100]:
> > When I first started running into these issues, I reached out to
> Clojure
> > maintainers on the Clojurians Slack, and the response was that AOT
> > compilation is only meant for complete applications to reduce
> startup
> > latency, not individual libraries. Here are some of the specific
> > responses I got. [...]
> 
> On which day was this, and on which channel?  I'd like to have a look
> at the rest of the responses (on the archives at
> <https://clojurians-log.clojureverse.org/>) for some additional
> context.

More concretely, I'm looking for answers to things like ‘how to detect
which files can be compiled’, ‘how to determine if a build failure is
caused by AOT problems’, ‘how to know in advance if AOT might cause
problems’ and ‘should AOT compilation be disabled by default for
tests?’.

If some answers can be found, perhaps adding #:aot-exclude can be
automated in (guix build clojure-build-system), and thsese answers
could help future packagers.

Greetings,
Maxime.