Subject: [bug#53765] [PATCH 10/17] gnu: Add clojure-tools-logging.

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2022 11:22:25 +0100

Reily Siegel schreef op do 03-02-2022 om 19:25 [-0500]:
> +    (description "A complete Clojure reader and an EDN-only reader, works with
> +Clojure versions >= 1.4.0 and Clojurescript >=0.5308 and since version
> +0.10.0-alpha1.")

Guix only has version 1.10.0>1.4.0 of Clojure and doesn't have
Clojurescript packaged, so I don't see the point of mentioning these
version ranges.

Also, as per ‘Synopses and Descriptions’: ‘avoid using acronyms without
first introducing them’.  EDN has not been introduced.

‘Keep in mind that the synopsis must be meaningful for a very wide
audience.  For example, “Manipulate alignments in the SAM format” might
make sense for a seasoned bioinformatics researcher, but might be
fairly unhelpful or even misleading to a non-specialized audience.’

What does ‘reader’ mean here?  Is it a book explaining Clojure?  Is
it an application for helping the user with reading Clojure source
code?  Is it like Scheme's 'read' procedure or whatever wisp's 'read'
procedure is named?

What is meant by ‘complete’ here -- how does it compare to incomplete
Clojure readers?

Greetings,
Maxime.