Subject: [bug#53765] [PATCH 15/17] gnu: Add clojure-com-cognitect-aws-s3.

From: Reily Siegel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2022 14:56:55 -0500

Maxime Devos <[email-masked]> writes:

> ;; Copyright (c) Cognitect, Inc.
> ;; All rights reserved.
>
> ‘All rights reserved’ is not ASL2.0, and is blatantly non-free.

The pom.xml file says that this is ASL2.0 [1]

> Also, are you sure this is source code? Aside from the comment above,
> I don't see any comments or docstrings in specs.clj.

specs.clj just contains what are essentially type definitions. The
aws-api library that uses this is declarative, so it only needs to load
type definitions, and the edn files that describe the endpoints.

> Furthermore, service.edn and docs.edn are huge blobs -- it's textual
> and not binary, but that doesn't make it source code.

EDN is a strict subset of Clojure used for representing Clojure data
structures, similar to JSON for JavaScript.

> Greetings,
> Maxime.

-- 
Reily Siegel

[1]: https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/cognitect/aws/s3/814.2.991.0/s3-814.2.991.0.pom