Subject: Re: bug#53764: 27.1; shouldn't ~/diary be in diary-mode?

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2022 10:28:07 +0100

Francesco Potortì <[email-masked]> writes:

>>Do we have a convenience function that says whether we have a match in
>>auto-mode-alist?  `set-auto-mode--apply-alist' seems to be the closest I
>>can find, and...  it's not that close.  :-/  But I guess it could be
>>refactored out of there.
>
> This one seems to do the job:
> (add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist
> 	     (cons diary-file 'diary-mode)
> 	     	   (lambda (a b) (equal (car a) (car b))))

The user may have used a regexp like "diary$", "diary\\'", etc, so that
doesn't work.

>>We could move diary-file out of calendar.el and put it in...
>>bindings.el or something, though?
>
> I would add it to the mode alist just after diary-file's defcustom

As I said, that wouldn't help that much, because then you only get it
added to auto-mode-alist after loading calendar.el (since there's where
it's defined today).

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no