Subject: [bug#53751] 06/07: gnu: git: Update to 2.35.1.

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2022 10:23:38 +0100

[email-masked] writes:

> apteryx pushed a commit to branch master
> in repository guix.
>
> commit 223a3d7f7fdb6af9c4c090785cab15d38680e887
> Author: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
> AuthorDate: Mon Apr 4 00:06:48 2022 -0400
>
>     gnu: git: Update to 2.35.1.
>
>     * gnu/packages/version-control.scm (git): Update to 2.35.1.
>     [phases]: Delete trailing #t.
>
>     Signed-off-by: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
>     Modified-by: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>

I've been looking in to this commit, since I noticed a large number of
rebuilds.

It looks connected to Greg's patch submitted in Issue #53751, but rather
than being authored by Greg, it's authored by Maxim.

Additionally, I'm guessing that the changes in Greg's patch are much
less impactful in terms of rebuilds compared to this commit, which also
removes the trailing #t from the phases, which will have affected every
variant of the git package, including variants like git-minimal/fixed,
which as the commit in the code says, is intended to rarely change.

I'm all for making changes fast, but I'm not sure the removal of #t from
the phases in thisq package definition is worth the cost of the
thousands of package rebuilds on the master branch.