Subject: bug#53749: 29.0.50; [PATCH] Xref backend for TeX buffers

From: David Fussner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2022 14:34:47 +0100

Hi Lars,

The conclusion at the time was that the patch needed reworking before
Dmitry was happy with it, and I've not yet found enough time to do so,
though I'm still fully intending to make the necessary changes. Please
leave the bug open so I can restart the conversation when I have a
better patch. (Oh, and I'm more than happy to sign the copyright
assignment whenever Dmitry judges the patch to be ready.)

Thanks for the reminder.

David.

On Thu, 8 Sept 2022 at 14:25, Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > Let us first discuss whether we could make do without an additional
> > Xref backend. Just to make sure.
>
> (I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately weren't resolved
> at the time.)
>
> I've only skimmed this bug report, so I might well have missed
> something.  Was there a conclusion here as to what should be done?  It
> looks like useful functionality to me (but it's been years since I've
> written tex-y stuff).
>
> In any case, if this is to be applied, we'd need to have a copyright
> assignment to the FSF on file.  David, would you be willing to sign
> that?