Subject: bug#53749: 29.0.50; [PATCH] Xref backend for TeX buffers

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2024 02:57:47 +0300

On 27/07/2024 18:39, Arash Esbati wrote:
> David Fussner via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text editors"<[email-masked]>  writes:
> 
>> Hi Dmitry, Stefan M and Stefan K,
>>
>> Here's the latest patch, with most of the modifications requested by
>> Stefan K. The code populating `semantic-symref-filepattern-alist` I've
>> left in tex-mode.el, because I wasn't sure how to adjudicate the
>> differing opinions on where it should go. Moving it won't take any
>> time, should that be the verdict. I've had a stab at a NEWS entry, and
>> included the patches to the manual etags test files. The diffs for the
>> test files are large, since we remove the TeX escape char from any tag
>> names where it occurs, as discussed elsewhere on this thread.
>>
>> Please let me know if more changes are needed.
> Ping!  Gents, is it possible to give David your comments?  There was
> some effort behind this, maybe it's time to bring this to an end.  TIA.

It's good enough from my side, but I hope someone else could comment as 
well.

Additionally though, it might or might not be too big a change for Emacs 
30 (I'm not sure), and if we're talking about 31 only, then it could 
wait a little more for the review.