Subject: bug#53749: 29.0.50; [PATCH] Xref backend for TeX buffers

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2024 17:03:43 -0400

>>> +;; Populate `semantic-symref-filepattern-alist' for the in-tree modes;
>>> +;; AUCTeX is doing the same for its modes.
>>> +(with-eval-after-load 'semantic/symref/grep
>>> +  (defvar semantic-symref-filepattern-alist)
>>> +  (push '(latex-mode "*.[tT]e[xX]" "*.ltx" "*.sty" "*.cl[so]"
>>> +                     "*.bbl" "*.drv" "*.hva")
>>> +        semantic-symref-filepattern-alist)
>>> +  (push '(plain-tex-mode "*.[tT]e[xX]" "*.ins")
>>> +        semantic-symref-filepattern-alist)
>>> +  (push '(doctex-mode "*.dtx") semantic-symref-filepattern-alist))
>> Doesn't this stuff rather belong in semantic itself?
> Good point.

FWIW, I think the responsability of `symref.el` is to provide hooks like
the `semantic-symref-filepattern-alist` var along with the code that
uses them, but the mode-specific settings, such as knowledge about which
glob patterns should be used for `latex-mode` belong to the
corresponding mode.

        Stefan