Subject: Re: bug#53740: 29.0.50; Buffers->Frames menu lists F1

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2022 10:33:31 +0200

> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2022 09:30:20 +0800
> From:  Po Lu via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs,
>  the Swiss army knife of text editors" <[email-masked]>
> 
> chad brown <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > When emacs is started in server mode, the Frames submenu of the Buffers
> > menu includes an entry F1, for the initial pseudo-frame. Selecting this
> > entry does nothing, but its presence is confusing. 
> 
> Should be fixed now on master, please test.

It doesn't seem to be fixed for me, neither on MS-Windows with a GUI
frame created by emacsclient, nor on GNU/Linux with TTY frames.  In
both cases, after emacsclient creates a client frame, the
Buffers->Frames menu shows the F1 frame that cannot be switched to.

What do you see on your system that caused you think the bug is fixed?
What recipe did you try?

Your change uses frame-initial-frame, but that is usually nil, so I'm
not sure this is the correct implementation.