Subject: bug#53702: 27.1; diary does not display some entries in european style

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2022 15:29:45 +0200

Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]> writes:

> did you have the chance to try if that patch (repeated below) fixes your
> problem?

This was half a year ago, but I see that Francesco wasn't in the CCs, so
perhaps he never got the message?

Francesco, can you try Michael's patch and see whether that fixes the
problem?

> I'm now a bit worried about this paragraph in
> (info "(emacs) Appointments"):
>
> |    You can write times in am/pm style (with ‘12:00am’ standing for
> | midnight and ‘12:00pm’ standing for noon), or 24-hour European/military
> | style.  You need not be consistent; your diary file can have a mixture
> | of the two styles.  Times must be at the beginning of diary entries if
> | they are to be recognized.
>
> Military style is 1200 for 12:00am, right?  This definitely can't be
> used everywhere when using the European style because lines get
> ambiguous: for digits could mean a year - or a military time in a line
> not specifying a year.  Should that paragraph be corrected?

12:00am (midnight) is the same as 00:00/24:00 in military style.