Subject: Re: bug#53698: 29.0.50; ibus input method of chinese with rime engine can't work in v27 and ibus candidate menu blink in v29

From: Štěpán Němec <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2022 02:33:30 +0100

On Fri, 04 Feb 2022 09:05:00 +0800
Po Lu via wrote:

> Štěpán Němec <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Yes.  My git-bisect(1) invocation was
>>
>>   git bisect start 3dfefb8bb4d9 041fff3d3dda
>>
>> and given the interactive nature of the issue, I watched IME/XkbLayout
>> switching break and work again repeatedly while jumping around the
>> commit. The preceding 63c83e4 does not exhibit the issues.
>
> Thanks, that is odd.  Could you give master a try to see if it's been
> fixed there?

Yes, as of

commit 748eb32cc5e3
Author: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Date:   Fri Feb 4 09:04:06 2022 +0800

    Try to fix input method flicker on GTK builds

all seems back to normal: IME and XkbLayout switching works, as well as
binding C-S-u separately from C-u. (That's with x-gtk-use-native-input
at its default nil value; with it set non-nil, XkbLayout switching still
works and C-S-u is still separate from C-u, but I am unable to activate
the IME (fcitx) in Emacs; I'm not sure that is a problem, though: all I
wished for was for the former to continue working.)

Thanks!

  Štěpán