Subject: bug#53695: trash-cli crashes

From: Brice Waegeneire <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 11:03:14 +0100

Hello Simon,

Simon Streit <[email-masked]> writes:

> With trash-cli's last update, it doesn't work any more and exits with
> the following error:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/ss2/.guix-profile/bin/trash-list", line 4, in <module>
>     from trashcli.list import main as main
> ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'trashcli'

I'm the one who updated trash-cli¹; sorry to have broken it for you.
Unfortunalty, I can't manage to reproduce it on my side:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ /gnu/store/kbsw86qqip1p9yzrnm36d71xhk278m1l-profile/bin/trash-list
2021-12-11 09:12:37 /home/bricewge/project/guix/bricewge/channel
2021-12-21 08:23:06 /home/bricewge/project/guix/bricewge/symlink
[...]
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Alos I'm using trash-cli daily without any issue since updating it.  The commit
updating the package also activate tests which pass fine on the CI².

Is it still broken on your side?  Are you on a foreign distro?  Can you share
other relevant information to find in which condition the package break ?

¹ https://issues.guix.gnu.org/50235
² http://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/405413/log/raw

Cheers,
- Brice